Plan Your Visit
Castle Combe Family Cycling Day is packed with things to do for all the family. Be sure to get here early so that you have plenty of time to explore all the events and attractions and have time to get involved too!
Top Tips to best enjoy your day...
There are probably a multitude of 'Top Tips' that we can throw your way but hopefully here are a few Top Top Tips to help you enjoy your day to the fullest...
- Bring your bikes! There are plenty of opportunities for cycling around the 1.85 mile historic race circuit.
- Check out the Circuit Lap Challenge! The historic race circuit will be open for laps PLUS you can also raise valuable funds for Help for Heroes at the same time!
- Buy your Family Cycling Day admission tickets on the day. Entry to the Severn Bridge Sportive is by separate online admission.
- Allow time! The Castle Combe Cycling Festival will open at 10:30am and closes at 16:00. The average duration of visitors to the 2012 event was 3-4 hours so make sure to take your time as there's lots to get involved in!
- Check out the Sportive Rider Manual for some Severn Bridge Sportive Top Tips if you're planning to take up the 100km or 100 mile routes... there's plenty of tips and advice if required.
- Dress appropriately (and that could mean anything with the British weather)! Cycle helmets are strongly recommended although are not enforced whilst on the Circuit. They must be worn for cyclists under the age of 18yrs if partaking in the Severn Bridge Sportive.
- Fancy a bite to eat? Then do visit the Tavern for a great selection of sandwiches, meals and snacks. Full details can be found on the Catering page