Plan Your Visit
Castle Combe Cycling Festival is packed with things to do for all the family. Be sure to get here early so that you have plenty of time to explore all the events and attractions and have time to get involved too!
Top Tips to best enjoy your day...
There are probably a multitude of 'Top Tips' that we can throw your way but hopefully here are a few Top Top Tips to help you enjoy your day to the fullest...
- Bring your bikes! There are plenty of 'Have-A-Go' opportunities from cycling around the 1.85 mile historic race circuit to learning a few tricks with the Savage Skills Stunt Participation Area or taking up the Cyclo Cross Challenge!
- Check out the Circuit Lap Challenge! The historic race circuit will be open for laps PLUS you can also raise valuable funds for our Charity of the Year at the same time! Full details and sponsorship forms can be found on the Cycling Festival What's On page
- Buy your admission tickets in advance as there are GREAT savings to be had (25% discount on all Family Cycling Festival tickets purchased up to Monday 27 May 2013 inclusive)! This is valid for up to 2 adults plus 3 children and includes entry into the event and ALL of the cycling activities including the Circuit Lap Challenge! The only thing you'll need to worry about is food and perhaps some retail therapy! Entry to the Severn Bridge Sportive is by separate admission.
- Allow time! The Castle Combe Cycling Festival will open at 10am. The average duration of visitors to the 2012 event was 3-4 hours so make sure to take your time as there's lots to get involved in!
- Check out the Sportive Rider Manual for some Severn Bridge Sportive Top Tips if you're planning to take up the 100km or 100 mile routes... there's plenty of tips and advice if required.
- Dress appropriately (and that could mean anything with the British weather)! Cycle helmets are strongly recommended although are not enforced whilst on the Circuit. They must be worn for cyclists under the age of 18yrs if partaking in the Severn Bridge Sportive.
- Fancy a bite to eat? Then do visit the Tavern for a great selection of sandwiches, meals and snacks. Full details can be found on the Catering page